Faithfully Ready is an initiative to help Houston’s houses of worship better prepare for the impacts of emergency and disaster situations.
Congregations can request a presentation from the Office of Emergency Management on ways they can:
- Identify their risk from natural, technological, and man-made disasters.
- Determine a basic strategy for meeting the needs of congregations in emergency and disaster situations.
- Develop comprehensive emergency management plans and procedures for organizations.
- Touch base with local emergency responders to provide essential information in the event they need immediate emergency assistance.
As part of this initiative, the City of Houston offers the following materials to help congregations prepare for emergencies and disasters:
- Sample Emergency Operations Plan (EOP) for a House of Worship
- Facility Safety Assessment (EOP Appendix 2)
- EOP Annex A – Natural Hazards
- EOP Annex B – Technological Disasters
- EOP Annex C – Human Caused Disasters
- Sample Response Organization Chart